There are so many different STEPS you have to take to build an online startup:
- Go find customers
- Build your MVP
- Convince an investor
But sometimes I get frustrated…
Because there’s so much advice out there, but very few people are offering insights on what the end-to-end roadmap looks like.
In my opinion, there are 7 pit stops on the road to building an app or a tech startup.
Now don’t get me wrong…
I DO NOT think that there is ONE path for launching your startup idea.
But I DO believe more people should be sharing what THEIR roadmap looked like…. What I’m sharing today is certainly what mine looked like.
In my opinion, there are 7 phases to this tech entrepreneurship game…
At any particular moment, you have just PASSED one of the 7 milestone and are HEADED TOWARDS another one.
Here are the 7 phases:
I came up with fun names for each of the phases :)
- The Dreamer- you pass this phase once you’ve built a website or landing page for your idea
- The Beginner- you pass this phase once you’ve gotten your first 100 signups/ your first paying customer for your idea
- The Hustler- you pass this phase once you’ve designed a prototype for your app/ idea
- The Baller- you pass this phase once you’ve built an MVP for your app/ idea
- The Boss- you pass this phase once you made $50,000+ in revenue or raised $20,000+ from investors
- The Mogul- you pass this phase once you've hit 7% MoM growth
- SuperMogul- you stay at this phase when you're keeping up that MoM growth (~7%)
I made a really fun quiz that tells you which phase you’re in NOW & what you need to do to level-up to the next phase in the journey.
And then the quiz shows you some resources you can leverage to get to the next level! ;)
Have you ever Googled “how to get app signups”? If you need a good laugh, you should try that Google search. There’s a ton of vague and annoying advice like: … Continue Reading How I Win 1000 Signups/mo. by Hacking Social Media
Here’s something kind of sad… Most folks spend a TON of time trying to get more followers on social media. But guess what? Thing is, you can have a MILLION … Continue Reading How to find super profitable Instagram followers using GrowthPup
Remember when it seemed like pretty much ANYONE could make money crowdfunding on sites like Kickstarter? Seriously, it seemed like people were ready to fund just about anything — no … Continue Reading The truth about crowdfunding
Badass designer Krystle Rowry drops by Non-Technical Entrepreneurs Club for a brand new workshop, "How to Make Your Website Look Amazing (And Actually Convert)"
Here’s a real bummer: Building apps and software can be EXPENSIVE. Like hundreds of thousands of dollars expensive. It can be super overwhelming!! But one super important thing I’ve learned … Continue Reading Get your app built for $0 upfront with this one crazy hack…
Basically, lots of non-technical people think their ideas are too complicated to build themselves. But you can totally build a TON of "complicated-sounding" stuff... without writing a single line of code!