This is something no one talks about… the money you have to spend upfront to run your online business.
There are so many different STEPS you have to take to build an online startup:
- Go find customers
- Build your MVP
- Convince an investor
But sometimes I get frustrated…
Because there’s so much advice out there, but very few people are offering insights on what the end-to-end roadmap looks like.
In my opinion, there are 7 pit stops on the road to building an app or a tech startup.
Now don’t get me wrong…
I DO NOT think that there is ONE path for launching your startup idea.
But I DO believe more people should be sharing what THEIR roadmap looked like…. What I’m sharing today is certainly what mine looked like.
In my opinion, there are 7 phases to this tech entrepreneurship game…
At any particular moment, you have just PASSED one of the 7 milestone and are HEADED TOWARDS another one.
Here are the 7 phases:
I came up with fun names for each of the phases 🙂
- The Dreamer- you pass this phase once you’ve built a website or landing page for your idea
- The Beginner– you pass this phase once you’ve gotten your first 100 signups/ your first paying customer for your idea
- The Hustler– you pass this phase once you’ve designed a prototype for your app/ idea
- The Baller– you pass this phase once you’ve built an MVP for your app/ idea
- The Boss– you pass this phase once you made $50,000+ in revenue or raised $20,000+ from investors
- The Mogul– you pass this phase once you’ve hit 7% MoM growth
- SuperMogul– you stay at this phase when you’re keeping up that MoM growth (~7%)
I made a really fun quiz that tells you which phase you’re in NOW & what you need to do to level-up to the next phase in the journey.
And then the quiz shows you some resources you can leverage to get to the next level! 😉
I was forced to launch this blog on July 6, 2014… Lol Okay, maybe “forced” is the wrong word…. But I definitely never wanted to start this blog In Summer … Continue Reading How I turned my blog into a course and made $70,000 in 30 days
Today I kicked off Week 2 of my Periscope series on how to build apps as a non-technical founder. So naturally, it made sense to talk about a BIG question facing a … Continue Reading Should you learn to code?! How much can you REALLY do without code?
Today I launched my first ever Periscope video… about managing Feedback. + Follow me on Periscope for new live videos What should you do when EVERYONE has something to say about your project? … Continue Reading Focus on Your Own Sh*t: How to Manage Feedback