There are so many different STEPS you have to take to build an online startup:
- Go find customers
- Build your MVP
- Convince an investor
But sometimes I get frustrated…
Because there’s so much advice out there, but very few people are offering insights on what the end-to-end roadmap looks like.
In my opinion, there are 7 pit stops on the road to building an app or a tech startup.
Now don’t get me wrong…
I DO NOT think that there is ONE path for launching your startup idea.
But I DO believe more people should be sharing what THEIR roadmap looked like…. What I’m sharing today is certainly what mine looked like.
In my opinion, there are 7 phases to this tech entrepreneurship game…
At any particular moment, you have just PASSED one of the 7 milestone and are HEADED TOWARDS another one.
Here are the 7 phases:
I came up with fun names for each of the phases 🙂
- The Dreamer- you pass this phase once you’ve built a website or landing page for your idea
- The Beginner– you pass this phase once you’ve gotten your first 100 signups/ your first paying customer for your idea
- The Hustler– you pass this phase once you’ve designed a prototype for your app/ idea
- The Baller– you pass this phase once you’ve built an MVP for your app/ idea
- The Boss– you pass this phase once you made $50,000+ in revenue or raised $20,000+ from investors
- The Mogul– you pass this phase once you’ve hit 7% MoM growth
- SuperMogul– you stay at this phase when you’re keeping up that MoM growth (~7%)
I made a really fun quiz that tells you which phase you’re in NOW & what you need to do to level-up to the next phase in the journey.
And then the quiz shows you some resources you can leverage to get to the next level! 😉
Hi there- My name is Tara Reed & I’m the founder of Kollecto. I'm a non-technical founder building software without writing any code.I’m also a first-time entrepreneur who swore I'd never become an entrepreneur…Oh well, sh*t happens! :) Follow my journey as I build a cool art startup...